hello friends yes i made a squaresville album cover remix
└It had been weeks since Zelda had last seen the Doctor and she really didn’t think she would miss him as much as she did
It’s been a long time, Doctor.
Squaresville album art for Animal Dinosaur.
You’ll be glad to know this is the last of the band images.
The dumpster gave them sparkles.
I made a thing.
So gritty. Cold Cuts: straight from the streets.
true facts: Before Supper edition
- As some of you have guessed, the title “Before Supper” is an homage to “Before Sunrise”, in which a young couple fall in love wandering around Paris talking. There is less burp talking, though.
- Forking lawns is a thing people do, I hear.
- For many of the crew, shooting this scene is what solidified what the show is, and how it should feel for them.
- I originally wanted smoothies to be more of running thing amongst the girls, but slowly we staged smoothies. Still, I think they’re the best prop a teenager could have.
- We didn’t have permission to shoot in this school’s parking lot, but the dumpsters were too good to pass up. I was very nervous the cops would be called, as it looked like we were vandalizing school property.
- Wayne’s spray painting is a direct homage to the spray painting in Ghost World. I wanted the vandal to have an identity within the world of the show, rather than an ominous presence. Hence, Wayne became a vandal.
- MK was so excited to do an impression of David.
- Neither MK nor David could burp on command the way we needed them to, so they would croak their lines instead. We added more burps in post. Our Editor Joe almost barfed cutting this scene.
- I did know a girl who could burp talk that well. Her name is Naomi and she’s a vet now.
- When I started writing this scene I e-mailed MK with a message that literally only read, “Hey, what weird stuff can you do? - M”
- Originally MK was supposed turn her eyelids inside out, but she can’t do that. Neither can I. We rewrote the scene on set to accommodate the weird things they can do.
- Watching this one with an audience always elicits mixed reactions. The burp talking makes people nervous and grossed out, but also lovey-dovey. What do you guys think?
Starting a band.
associate producer/first AC/jack of all trades jon kondrath gets in on the Animal Dinosaur action during the Band Ho! photoshoot
(i totally swiped this from facebook, thanks kondrath!)